Indu Narayan is a qualified Ayurvedic Physician and has been practising Ayurvedic Medicine since 1980, successfully treating various kinds of health conditions and illnesses.
Indu Narayan completed a 5 year Bachelors degree in Ayurvedic medicine as well as a 1 year postgraduate course in modern medicine. These degrees involved clinical training in tertiary hospitals in Bangalore, India
Besides practising at various health centres, Indu is also a lecturer at Nature Care College, St Leonards and a casual lecturer at the University of Sydney (Dept. of Pharmacy) teaching Ayurveda for the post-graduate herbal medicine students.
Indu has conducted a number of workshops on Ayurveda in Sydney and other major cities around Australia.
A typical Ayurvedic consultation lasts about an hour where the clients case history is collected. A complete body type analysis is conducted to ascertain the body constitution, which is a key aspect of Ayurveda. Based on this, a line of treatment is prescribed consisting of a suitable dietetic regime and lifestyle, which includes breathing exercises and therapeutic yoga, Ayurvedic herbs and recipes for self-preparation of dietetic food. One-on-one demonstrations of healthy food preparation are also available.
Benefits of Ayurveda
With its holistic approach, Ayurveda not only treats the illness but also aims at preventing diseases, improving immunity levels and helping to lead a quality life.
As Ayurveda treats every individual as unique, the line of treatment is tailored accordingly. It focuses on the root cause and not on the symptoms alone.
Chronic coughs and colds, respiratory problems including asthma, digestive problems, constipation, piles, liver complaints, cholesterol, blood pressure, blood sugar, allergies and skin disorders, arthritis, gynaecological problems, emotional disturbances, depression, stress, fatigue, insomnia, poor memory etc.
Treatment for rejuvenation and the building up of immunity are also available.
Rebates from major Health Funds available
Indu practises Ayurvedic Medicine at:
(1) Phoenix Holistic Centre, Suite 1, Level1, 34 Spring St, Bondi Junction NSW 2022, Tel 02-9386 1225;
(2) Ayurvedic Clinical Practice, Epping NSW 2121; Mob: 0402 105 682;
(3) "Parramatta Massage and Healing Centre", 13 Harold St, North Parramatta NSW 2150. Mob: 0402 105 682
What to expect in an Ayurvedic Consultation
The first consultation takes about an hour where relevant information about the client's medical condition and life style will be obtained and a complete analysis of the client's body constitution will be made.
Treatment consists of Ayurvedic medicine, advice of diet and life style suiting the individual's body constitution. Yoga therapy and massage are also offered.
In addition to treating people with medical conditions, consultations are also given for healthy individuals to maintain their general well being with lifestyle measures.
The goal of an Ayurvedic practitioner is to enhance health, lifestyle and the well being of the client through preventative and rejunvenating measures.
Rebates from major Health Funds are available.
Indu also conducts 1-day and 2-day workshops on Ayurveda where the participants will be introduced to Ayurvedic principles. Proper dietetic approaches will be discussed and healthy recipes will be demonstrated. By attending these workshops, participants will be able to tailor their diets to suit their body constitution and improve their health and well-being.
Topics covered in the workshop include:
1) Introduction to Ayurvedic PrinciplesQUALIFICATION DETAILS
2) Body type analysis
3) Determination of dietary rules based on individual constitution and seasonal changes
4) Recipes for preparing simple, quick and nutritious breakfast, lunch and dinner using grains, lentils, herbs, spices and vegetables (notes provided).
- Bachelor in the System of Ayurvedic Medicine (BSAM)
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery (BAMS)
Bangalore University, India
- Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies (Higher Education), University of Sydney
- Accredited Member, Australian Traditional Medicine Society Ltd (ATMS)
- Professional Member, Australasian Association of Ayurveda (AAA)
NSW State Representative, AAA
- Associate member, Australasian integrative Medicine Association Inc, Melbourne (AIMA
Consultation & Treatment available at:
(By appointment only)
Phoenix Holistic Medical Centre
Suite 1, Level 1, 34 Spring St,
Ph: (02) 9386 1225
2) Parramatta Massage & Healing Centre
17/421 Church St
North Parramatta NSW 2151
Mob: 0402 105 682
3) Ayurvedic Clinical Practice
Epping, NSW 2121
0402 105 682